Recent posts: News
Newcomers Aboriginal & Phonic explode onto the scene with their debut Expanse EP, out this spring on Lifestyle Music. This EP sees the young London lads serve up four slices of sophisticated steppers, with a sound mature and refined for producers so new to the game. Showcasing deep and rich low end, hard-hitting kicks, tight snares and percussion, this release is one for the tech heads, and sure to thrust A+P into the dnb spotlight.
Long-time mates, Kish and Sean have (unbelievably) only been producing drum & bass for a year together, but the sounds speak for themselves, and are sure to bolster arsenals and destroy dancefloors with immediate effect.
Nestled at the end of the EP is a four-way collab between A+P and two other up and coming producers making big waves themselves, Klinical and Objectiv. The result is colossal, nothing less than expected from the future of UK drum and bass all on one tune!
Expanse is not a release to be missed, and it’s sure to find a home in any serious DJ’s USB.
Returning to the label after last years huge debut release ‘Science / Rotate’ which saw major support from Noisia, Zero T, Disprove, and Arkiak to name but a few, Lifestyle is incredibly pleased to introduce the first full EP from young producer Klinical.
Africa is a powerhouse of a release, four tracks of tense steppers and rollers that see Klinical come into his own as a producer; the sound design is intricate and interesting, the basses heavy and engaging, and every bit of percussion is perfectly weighted and punchy. The use of space and tension is sublime, and throughout the release it is clear Klinical has honed a highly effective sound that sets him apart from a lot of producers at the minute.
We couldn’t be happier with this release, and can see it making serious waves in the scene, as well as pushing Klinical to the foreground of the new generation of producers currently crafting fresh drum & bass. Don’t sleep on this one!
2017 was a formative year for Lifestyle, our reach as a label grew massively, and we had some absolutely stellar releases of the highest quality drum & bass. Through this, we’ve settled onto a ‘sound’ that has been fairly consistent throughout our recent catalogue…
However…It was not always this way, the root of our label actually has a much more family-friendly vibe, with the initial output edging more towards liquid and the roller side of the drum & bass spectrum. Which is why we are really happy to be able announce our new project CULTURE.
CULTURE is going to be a label series through Lifestyle, exhibiting the same high-quality, forward thinking drum & bass, but pushing the more melodic based, liquid, musical and experimental sounds of our genre. As we all know, drum & bass is a huge scene that’s growing every day. New sounds are being crafted all the time, and although neurofunk and tech is our native tongue, as dnb fans we play tunes that span the range of the scene, and artists that reach the depths of 170bpm+ music. This is why we’re so excited for Culture, and to put our imprint on some new sounds, outside of our typical working. We’re looking forward to opening our work up to new producers and DJs from other areas of dnb, as well as pushing different styles from creators we’re already feeling.
CULTURE launches on the 12th February with CULT001. A huge release by our boys over in Belgium, M-zine & Scepticz, featuring fellow Belgian young gun Solace. The EP contains three big tracks, displaying the range of their talents as they flow effortlessly between dark vibey steppers, to piano-laden reese movements and snare- less breaks. A highly versatile set that we’re really proud of, conjuring up all sorts of emotions and moods upon hearing, that is sure to put a twist into your sets and nights and set the bar going forward for this series. Get it while it’s hot..
Three years strong since the last Lifestyle Music release was offered to the public to be sliced, diced, flipped, reversed, turned inside out or upside down, and whatever you want! All we know is that we can certainly say these are exciting times for us and it’s great to see all the different forms one track can take.
The next Lifestyle Remix Competition is here anyway and we’re offering up one of our biggest tracks of 2017, Estonian/Lithuanian trio Mean Teeth and Kerizma MC’s ‘Gutterfunk’
We felt this would be a wicked tune to hand out for you all to remix, so copy and paste to your hearts content!
We have prizes brought to you by our sponsors Plugin Boutique, Fragment Audio and Sine Sound Mastering for the 1st, 2nd and 3rd places with Mean Teeth and Kerizma personally picking the winners!
Here’s what’s up for grabs:
Lifestyle Free Download Release
A Fragment Audio USB Key containing 3 packs including Signs Bass, Neurofunkgrid Bundle and Drum and Bass Serum bundle with a value of 100 Euro’s
2 tracks mastered by Sine Sound Mastering.
1 Lifestyle Music T-shirt.
A Fragment Audio 50 Euro Voucher
1 Lifestyle Music T-shirt.
Once you’re happy upload your full remix to SoundCloud with the title ‘Mean Teeth – Gutterfunk ft. Kerizma MC (Your Artist Name Remix) with the Custom Genre ‘gutterfunkremix’ and the closing date for the competition is Wednesday 28 February. Please note that your submission MUST have downloading disabled. Full terms & conditions are below. Please read these carefully before asking questions about the competition.
Terms & Conditions
1. The competition closes on 28 February 2018 at 23:00 GMT.
2. All entries must be received by 11pm on the stipulated closing date. Those not received by the deadline will be invalid to enter.
3. All entries must be submitted via SoundCloud with ‘gutterfunkremix’ as the custom genre. Entries submitted via other means will not be accepted. No responsibility can be accepted by any party for entries not received due to technical or other delivery difficulties.
4. The winner will be selected after the closing date at the discretion of Lifestyle Music, whose decision is final. The winner will be notified within seven days.
5. Winner will be the remix submitted from all relevant entrants as the one most liked by Lifestyle Music.
6. ‘Winning’ means that your remix will be featured as a release with full credit to you. It also means that you will receive Lifestyle Music merchandise alongside the prizes offered by our participating partners. Winning the competition does not entail any form of financial reward for entrants. There will also be a ‘Runner Up’ who will be released as a part of the Lifestyle Music free download series, also receiving merchandise and a second place prize.
7. If you enable downloads of your remix or distribute it in any way prior to the close of the competition you will automatically be disqualified from winning. If the winning remix is found to be distributed prior to release Lifestyle Music reserves the right to disqualify the winner and choose an alternative.
8. Your remix can be any style of music you choose and can be as similar or different to the original as you wish.
9. You may use as many or as few of the samples as you see fit and you may add as much of your own content as you wish.
10. Unfortunately we are not able to enter into ‘feedback’ conversations about entries, please use SoundCloud to solicit feedback from fellow entrants.
11. Please do not submit unfinished tracks or ‘works in progress’. These will be automatically disqualified.
12. You may enter more than one remix but note you are only allowed to submit each remix once, so make sure your entry is the final version when you submit it. Re-submissions will be automatically disqualified.
13. Upon announcement of the winner, the winning remix must be provided to Lifestyle Music in either WAV or AIFF format prior to mastering.
14. All parts made available to download, and all parts downloaded remain the property of Lifestyle Music. All remixes completed, whether submitted in this competition or not, remain the property of Lifestyle Music. No exploitation, or distribution of remixes shall be permitted without the sole written consent of Lifestyle Music.
15. No purchase necessary and no proof of purchase required.
16. Lifestyle Music’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into. There is no cash alternative and the prizes are non-transferable.
17. Lifestyle Music reserves the right to verify the eligibility of applications.
18. The winner’s name will be published on Lifestyle Music and partner’s social networks after the closing date of the competition. Lifestyle Music and participating partners reserve the right to contact the winner for permission to involve them in any post competition publicity and the winner agrees to such activities and shall make themselves reasonably available for such purposes.
19. Your entry must not infringe on the rights of any third party, including, but not limited to copyrights, trademarks, or rights of privacy or publicity, or other intellectual property rights. By entering this competition you indemnify Lifestyle Music against any such infringements.
20. Lifestyle Music reserve the right to cancel or amend the terms of this competition at any time without prior notice. Any changes will be posted within the rules on lifestylemusic.co.uk
21. Prize is subject to final selection. In the event of unforeseen circumstances, Lifestyle Music and participating partners retain the right to offer alternative prizes.
22. Entering the remix competition implies full acceptance of these terms and conditions, which are legally binding. Lifestyle Music reserves the right to disqualify any entrant if we have reasonable grounds to believe the entrant has breached any of these terms and conditions.
23. The competition and the terms and conditions of this agreement will be governed by the law of England & Wales.
We are really honoured to be able to tell you that we have secured our first ever event at Brighton’s landmark venue, The Volks.
This has been an ambition of ours for some time, so we’ve pulled out all the stops to bring you a great night.
There’s a whole host of great headliners, quality Brighton residents and members of the Lifestyle camp along on for the event, all taking place on Saturday 13th January, going until the the early hours of Sunday.
We have a feeling this might be one for the books…
ZERO T [Metalheadz, Quarantine, Dispatch]
MUTATED FORMS [Spearhead, Hospital]
ILL TRUTH [Symmetry, Shogun, Lifestyle]
Terrence & Phillip [Good Karma, Lifestyle]
Dilemma [Skankandbass, Flight Pattern, Lifestyle]
Threts B2B Hypolar [Rough Tempo]
Tusk B2B Lotskee [Delirium]
Hosts – Hijak | Kerizma
Room 2 – Hosted by Bass Konnection
£5 early bird
£6 B4 12
We’re having a busy time right now, all sorts going on, but a massive thing to have happened was the release of the ‘Event Horizon EP’ from Russian producer Black Barrel.
An artist that’s currently hot property, seeing releases with Invisible, Dispatch and Vandal, gave us the out of this world EP, featuring 4 big boy rollers, including ‘Event Hoirzon’, ‘Sandstorm’ ‘Hawking Engine’ and a collab with fellow countryman Nami ‘Cold Touch’.
This EP has already received some huge support and pushed as high at #4 in the Beatport releases charts.
Grab yourself a copy of the EP today: Event Horizon EP
Black Barrel also provided us with a sick Lifestyle MixCast, so go take a listen: Lifestyle MixCast: Black Barrel
It’s been a while since we’ve written one of these, so apologies for that first of all, and expect us to be a lot more on the case! With great pleasure we present to you the debut single of Klinical A.K.A Dan Paget, a young up and comer in the scene originally from Melksham and now reigning from Southampton. A hard-hitting producer with a bright future, subscribed to a modern rolling sound of Drum & Bass, Klinical delivers with his seriously dangerous two track release ‘Science/Rotate.’
This single has already turned a fair number of heads, being one of the first releases on Lifestyle that’s tech with jump up sensibilities. Show this young gun producer some love and support by visiting his Facebook page and giving it a like – everyone needs a little hit of dopamine every now and then! Klinical Facebook
You can pick up the release exclusively from Beatport for 2 weeks, before it goes live worldwide on 11/09/2017. Keep your potatoes peeled people for a hell of a lot more from this talented producer, we plan to have something even more special from him very soon. Large up ya chests!
Hold onto your pitchforks as the mighty Lifestyle Music return this autumn for a Halloween 2016 hoedown!
On Saturday 29th October, label owners CATHARSIS and PIPER bring the noise back to Brighton’s Komedia for their third hometown label event…
Don’t miss a trick with Drum & Bass incendiary SIGNAL (Invisible, Critical Music, Dispatch) this fright night. Come celebrate the launch of the ‘Indirect VIP and Lockjaw remix’ 12” coming autumn 2016, following the hugely popular release of Signal’s ‘Indirect / In Motion’ on Lifestyle Music earlier this year.
Hosted by MC’s KERIZMA and LEGACY, catch REVAUX, ARKITECH, and GREY CODE raise the dead with a seriously spooky selection of bangers for all ye dancefloor demons…
SIGNAL [Invsible / Critical / Dispatch]
Revaux [Lifestyle / Mindtech]
Grey Code [Lifestyle / Demand]
Piper [Lifestyle / Capital]
Hosted by Kerizma & Legacy
Tickets: £5 all night. Dress code: Terrifying AF.
RSVP Facebook event: https://www.facebook.com/events/1649553665357069/
Venue: Komedia Brighton, 44-47 Gardner St, Brighton BN1 1UN